Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Remind101 - Texting App information

I have sent home an information sheet for all parents and students who have cell phones and would like to receive updates via TEXTS to their phone.
Here it is again in case it didn't get to the kitchen table:

GRADE 7/8A LANGUAGE: enter the number: 289-812-3837, then text this message: @mrsbibby
GRADE 7 SCIENCE:  enter the number: 289-812-3837, then text this message: @mrsbibbys
GRADE 8 SCIENCE: enter the number: 289-812-3837, then text this message: @mrsbibbysm

Why have this app if I have a blog? This will be used more for reminders, such as, "Wear outdoor gear today for science." and, "remember, posters due tomorrow", etc. It is not mandatory. I will continue to use my blog for day to day stuff. The only problem is, the blog is sent to you (if you have plugged in your email address) once a day. The TEXT APP is almost immediate. I hope that explains why I have both.