Thursday, September 13, 2012

Thursday, Sept. 13, 2012. 7/8A Agendas and H.W.

AGENDAS:  Note to Parents (and Students):
We had a discussion today about agendas. We decided that by grade 7 and 8, the responsibility of recording homework in the agenda and doing the homework should be ultimately the students'. Therefore, parents, we are requesting that you check the agendas once a week - probably best on a Thursday - and sign it on that day only.
Q. What am I looking for when I sign it?
A. You should see that in the last seven days, your child has read 5 times (or more) and recorded what they are reading and either how many pages or for how long. You should also see some other assignments written in there from me and most likely from other classes. If you are uncertain if you child is writing down the assignments correctly, check this blog! Hopefully I've done it!

Q. What if they haven't done their work (haven't shown me)? Then do I not sign it?
A. No - you still sign it, but you write - "Work is not complete" and you can write either excused (e.g. you know it's not done and there's a good reason you support) or not excused.

Q. What if I want to write a note to you, the teacher?
A. Not to worry - I REQUIRE the students to bring their agenda to each and every class they have with me. I will check agendas every day and if you write in it, I will see it.

Homework:
Please bring your booklet of forms back in for the office.

Please read the Phys. Ed. note you got from Ms. Bilton

Remember - your parts of speech chart is due on Monday.